Bachelor of Science Animation (B.Sc. Animation)
B.Sc Animation is a multifaceted course imbibing ‘Visual Arts’, ‘Film Making,’ ‘Concept Development’ ‘3D’ and others. The course gets administrated & taught in a variety of forms and syllabuses depending much on the institution hosting the discipline. Some Universities offer this degree under the name of B.Sc Multimedia, B.Sc Animation and Multimedia.
Here at ITM we designate it as B.Sc (Animation). The syllabus includes both the Animation and Multimedia.Animation Board This translates to editing, film making, sound effects, visual effects on the designs developed through graphics to2D and 3D in different software’s, starting with Photoshop editor, illustrator, to Maya, Sound booth, premier-Pro and after effects etc.
The three years degree course offered by the Institute of Technology and Management, Dehradun, affiliated with Uttarakhand Technical University provides a complete knowledge on 2D classical and Digital, 3D Animation and Visual effects.
The first semester covers fundamentals of art and designs, the second includes classical and digital animation, the third covers elements of 3D when the student becomes capable of developing 3D short films.
The fourth semester students are exposed to visual effects and the fifth semester student can chose any one of the above for his specialization to learn the advance module, so that in the sixth semester he prepares his portfolio in a selected module.
The prospects of employment , after graduation in animation , are so wide, like in Advertising world, News Channels, TV Channels, Cinematography, VFX, SFX, Film-making, Interior decorators, Architectures and Designing, Modeling, Story boarding, Building planners and Executors or you can be a self employed professional providing opportunities of employment to technicians in your own studios, established at a very reasonably affordable budget. Animation, in India, is a multi-million dollar industry requiring several thousands of creative professionals. If you have knack for infusing life into the characters of your imagination the animation is the right course for you.
- Multi-dimentional capability building & development.
- Contemporary formats & faculties included as web.
- Real life projects in every module of each semester.
- Working on assignments & projects of prospective employers from the 1st year onwards.
- Visiting lectures by industry doyens & celebrities.
- Institute collaborators own leading 3D & cinematic studio Noida & Hyderabad as “Purple Rose”.
- Emerging new areas in film production in India & abroad.
- Web production companies.
- Broadcast channel production.
- Multimedia production houses.
- All industries engaged in visual production.
- Production exchange & outsourcing from companies and studios abroad.
- Digital film making & production.
- In house departments of production in MNCs and advertising agencies.
10+2 in any stream
Affiliated with Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand Vishwavidhalaya
TIME TABLE- B.Sc ANIMATION 2017-18
|B.Sc 2nd Sem||09:30am to 10:15 am||10:15am to 11:45 am||12:30 to1:15 pm||1:15 to 2:0 PM|
|PD (LG)||E O P P(BK)||Audio Editing( RM)||Flash Animation(BK)|
|Video Editing (RM)|
|B.Sc IV Sem||9:30am to 11:00||11:00am to 12:30||1:00 to 1:45pm|
|MAYA RIGGING (AD)||3D Animation (RM)||PD (NK)|
|MAYA Muscle (AD)||After Effects (RM)|
|VI th SEM||12:00 to 12:30||12:30 to 2:00pm||2:00 to 3:30pm|
|PD||Minor Project||Group Project|
|2d & Film Making (BK)||Vfx and Editing (RM)|
|3D Project (AD)||3d Animation (AD)|