Master of Library Science (M.Lib.)
Master of Library & Information Science (M.Lib & I.Sc.)
The profession of librarianship requires a dedication & spirit of service. The men and women who aspire to enter in this profession should satisfy themselves that they posses the academic qualification which will enable them to work successfully as librarians.
Objectives of this course is to enable the students to understand and appreciate the function and the purpose of library in changing social and academic environment and train the students in the techniques of librarianship and management of libraries.
Duration of the course is one academic year. Candidates can clear the course in maximum duration of three years. No provision for private candidates.
Medium of Instruction : English and Hindi.
Medium of Examination : English and Hindi.
Eligibility : Only those candidates who have done Bachelor of library science may be admitted.
Attendance : For appearing in examination the required attendance is 75% .10% attendance of relaxation can be given for any emergency case student should inform Head of Department.
Examination : The examination will be held annually after completion of one academic year.
Declaration of Result : Passing marks in each paper is 40% the second division will be after securing in 50% in aggregate and securing 60% in aggregate will be evaluated as 1st division. For distinction is each paper is required 75%.
II Course of study
The course of study will comprise both theory & practical papers with the following papers in the prescribed syllabus.
The duration for examination of each paper (I to VIII) three hour and maximum marks is 70. 30 marks will be given through internal sessional work paper IX is dissertation of 100 marks which will be given by external examiner. All the papers of maximum 100 TOTAL marks are 900.
- Delivers complete ‘Information Science’ & ‘Library Science’ skill sets and knowledge base.
- Develops capabilities to handle large libraries & information centers.
- Inputs for knowledge worker management.
- Library management software proficiency.
- Research oriented and digital capability.
- Librarian and Chief Librarian positions.
- Teaching & consultancy work profiles.
- International opportunities for information officer and librarian positions.
- Lead role in special information projects.
- Developmental role in PSU, governament and private research projects.
Affiliated with Sri Dev Suman Uttarakhand Vishwavidhalaya
|Click Here to Download Syllabus|||